Town Services

For more information about any of the below Town services, please call the Town Clerk’s Office at (207) 452-2163.


Dog Licenses

You may license your dog at the Town Clerk’s Office during normal business hours or online through the State of Maine.

All dogs must be licensed once the dog reaches the age of 6 months. The licensing period is from January 1st to December 31st of each year.

You must bring your dogs neutering/spaying certificate (if applicable) and current rabies certificate (with the state seal) to complete the licensing process at the town hall.

Dog licenses are available beginning in November for the upcoming year. After January 31st a state imposed $25 late fee will be charged for each unlicensed dog.


(In the Town Office)

  • Neutered/Spayed Dog = $ 6.00
  • Unneutered/Unspayed = $ 11.00

(Online through InforME)

  • Neutered/Spayed Dog = $ 7.00
  • Unneutered/Unspayed = $ 12.00
Back to top

Marriage Licenses

Residents of the state intending to be joined in marriage shall record the notice of their intentions in the office of the clerk of the municipality in which at least one of them resides. If only one of the parties resides in the State, the parties shall file their intentions in the office of the clerk of the municipality in which the resident resides. If both parties reside out of the state, they may file their intentions in any municipal office.

The intentions, or worksheet, takes approximately 10-20 minutes to complete. Information needed for completion of the worksheet - name, residence, place of birth, date of birth of the bride and groom and the names and place of birth of their parents. If either the bride or groom has been married previously, they need to bring with them the document that dissolved that former marriage (death certificate or divorce decree –with a raised seal). After the couple has completed the form the clerk will type the marriage license and have the couple review and sign it. Once the intentions are filed and the license is issued, the parties are free to marry anywhere within the State of Maine. The license is valid for 90 days from the date the intentions are filed. The cost of the license is $40 payable to the clerk in the municipality.

Back to top

Maine Outdoors Vehicle Registration and Licenses

This online service allows you to register your ATV, UTV, boat and snowmobile with the Maine Department of Inland Fisheries and Wildlife. Following your payment, you will receive a temporary registration form to print for immediate use. Your official registration and stickers will arrive at the shipping address specified within 30 business days.

MOSES is the Department of Inland Fisheries & Wildlife’s online hunting, fishing, and trapping licensing system. This service is available to any resident or non-resident sportsperson looking to hunt, fish, or trap in the State of Maine.

Link to IF&W MOSES online system

Regular adult trapping licenses may be renewed using this service. First time regular adult trapping license buyers must purchase their license through MDIFW headquarters in Augusta. Both new and renewals for Junior and Apprentice Trapping licenses may be done through this service.

This online service is not available for individuals that need to obtain a Complimentary, Lifetime, or Military license or for individuals from countries other than the USA or Canada.

Back to top

Motor Vehicle Registrations

The Town of Denmark is an agent of the Bureau of Motor Vehicles (BMV) and is authorized to issue new registrations and registration renewals to residents of Denmark.

New Registrations

The Town of Denmark is authorized to issue new registrations for passenger & combination vehicles, motorcycles, trailers, mopeds, motor homes, antique autos, farm vehicles, special equipment and commercial trucks to be registered for no more than 26,000 pounds gross vehicle weight.

As of January 1, 2010, 1995 and newer vehicles need a Maine title. A vehicle 1994 and older does not need a Maine title.

Registration Renewals

The Town Office is authorized to issue registration renewals for passenger & combination vehicles, motorcycles, mopeds, trailers, tractors, special equipment, handicapped, firefighter, antique autos, motor homes, and trucks registered for the same gross weight as the previous year.

For online renewals of vehicle registration, click here.

At the time of your registration renewal, you must provide:

  1. Proof of Insurance Coverage for the vehicle, as required by the State of Maine
  2. Previous Registration
  3. Current Mileage
Private Sale:

To register a vehicle purchased through a private sale, the new owner must provide the following items at the time of registration:

  1. A bill of sale that includes the make, serial (VIN) number, the date of the sale, and amount paid. This must be signed by the seller & the new owner(s).
  2. If the vehicle is 1995 or newer, the title from the previous owner is required. The back of the title must be filled out to the new owner(s) and signed by the previous owner(s).
  3. Proof of Insurance Coverage for the vehicle, as required by the State of Maine.
  4. Current Mileage
Dealer Sale:

To register a vehicle purchased through a Maine dealer, the new owner must provide the following items at the time of registration:

  1. Application for Maine Title from the dealer.
  2. Green Sales Tax form from the dealer.
  3. Proof of Insurance Coverage for the vehicle, as required by the State of Maine.
  4. Current Mileage
  5. If the vehicle is brand new, you must also provide the Manufacturer’s Suggested Retail Price window sticker or a copy of the sticker.
If moving to Denmark from another town in Maine:

Maine law requires the Secretary of State be notified when you change your address. This must be done within ten days of the change. There is no fee and you must bring in your most recent registration. Vehicle registration address changes can be done at the Town Office in person.

To change your Driver’s License address, you must contact a branch of the Maine BMV.

If moving to Denmark from another state:

Persons moving to Maine from another state, within 30 days of residency, by Maine law, must register their motor vehicles at their Town Office. At the time of registration, the vehicle owner will need to provide:

  1. The most previous state registration.
  2. The title to the vehicle from the previous state where you resided.
  3. Proof of Insurance Coverage for the vehicle, as required by the State of Maine.

Please note that you will not be sent a renewal notice for your vehicle registration. You must obtain a new driver’s license within 30 days of moving to Maine.

Specialty License Plates

Specialty license plates are available at the Town Office for an additional fee. We have Support Wildlife, Breast Cancer, Lobster, Conservation (Loon), Maine Black Bear, University of Maine, Agriculture, Support the Troops and Animal Welfare license plates. Purple Heart & Veteran plates are available at no extra charge with proper military documentation. Decals for Veteran plates can be obtained through the BMV. Vanity plates are available at any BMV branch. Visit the Maine BMV website to check the availability of vanity plates and to order online.

Online BMV Forms and Applications

BMV forms and applications are available to download from their website.

Driver’s License and State ID Cards

Driver’s licenses and state identification cards are obtained through the BMV. There are many locations throughout the State.

Back to top

Property Tax Payments

The Town has partnered with the State of Maine to offer online Property Tax Payments through the State’s online payment services. The State charges a fee for using this service. If you wish to pay your taxes online you will need your account number which can be found on your tax bill.

There are cases which the online system may not be used, they are: if you have a prior year delinquency, if the Town has filed a lien or if the Town has foreclosed. To make payments if any of these situations pertain please contact the Town Clerk.

To use the online property tax payment service on the State of Maine’s website, click here.

You may check your property tax payment status online by clicking here.

Back to top

Vital Record Requests

You may request copies of Birth, Death or Marriage Certificates.

  • An application form must be completed. Download and print this form and return to the Town Office in person or by mail.
  • You must show positive identification to receive a copy of a certificate. If making your request by mail, you must include a photocopy of your driver’s license or two other forms of identification.
  • Fees = $15.00 each record request; and $6.00 each for additional copies of the same record. The Denmark Town Office accepts checks (made payable to the Town of Denmark), cash, and credit or debit cards (with a 2.5% processing fee). Requests and payments may not be done on line or by phone.
  • If you are sending your request by mail, mail it to: Denmark Town Office, 62 East Main Street Denmark, Maine 04022.
Back to top

Voter Registration

Residents of the Town of Denmark who are eighteen years of age or older can register to vote at the Town Office located in the Denmark Municipal Building at 62 East Main Street. Be prepared to present information that establishes that you are a resident of Maine and of the Town of Denmark.

The polling place for Denmark residents is the Denmark Municipal Building, 62 East Main Street. Elections for municipal officers and other town officials is held the first Friday in June. The Annual Town Meeting is held the first Saturday in June at 9:00am. The General Election is held on the first Tuesday in November.

If you would like to count ballots on Election Day or need additional information please call the Town Clerk’s Office at (207) 452-2163.

Back to top
Made with by TownCloud © Copyright 2024. All rights reserved.